Pharmacist In Charge
Perform the following Job duties:
- Dispense medications, following prescriptions issued by medical practitioners.
- Perform prospective Drug Utilization Review on new and refilled prescriptions for allergies, medication adherence, drug interactions and therapeutic duplication for safe and effective medication administration.
- Recommend and document treatment modification after consulting physicians.
- Counsel patients on their medication and therapeutic outcomes for their overall health.
- Compound non-sterile customized medication preparation of ointments and creams as per physician’s instructions.
- Ensure proper precautions and security measures while handling controlled medications by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Prepare Unit Dose packaging for Hospice Patients.
- Prepare multi-dose packaging in medicine on-time calendar cards for long-term patients.
- Obtain clarification from Physicians regarding medication dosage, frequency of administration and medication formulations.
- Perform medication transfers and input of new medications orders.
- Verify medication schedules and monitor for drug interactions and allergies.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Science or Pharmaceutical Management or Chemistry
Please provide your resume and a cover letter.